Archive: "Brigham Young University" Tag

Homecoming 2013

Yesterday marked the kickoff of Homecoming festivities for 2013. Students will have the opportunity to engage in activities from True Blue football to listening to distinguished alumni lectures to watching the Homecoming football game. Homecoming is a time for students to deepen their ties to the BYU and for alumni to renew those ties. The …

Read More →

Brigham Young University and the training of missionaries

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has been a missionary church since its founding in 1830. Missionary work introduces individuals to the gospel of Jesus Christ and strengthens the testimonies of members of the Church. Brigham Young University has been involved with the Church’s missionary efforts since its founding in 1875. The Brigham …

Read More →

The J. Reuben Clark Law School bridge

Early this week the university closed campus drive and yesterday they knocked down the bridge connecting the law school with the rest of campus. This is all part of the campus unification project and soon a lovely pedestrian plaza will connect the law school with the rest of campus. The law school bridge has been …

Read More →

UA 869 Collection of Brigham Young University photographs and negatives

The Brigham Young University Archives is pleased to announce the availability of a new digital collection: Collection of Brigham Young University photographs and negatives (UA 869). This collection contains photographs and negatives of students, faculty, activities, and organizations at Brigham Young University. It also includes images of the performing arts and various colleges and departments. …

Read More →

Proposed Junior College Plan

The early 1960s saw a lot of discussion within the Church Educational System of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints about the possibility of the developing Church-sponsored junior colleges. The Church saw junior colleges as a way to increase accessibility to the high quality spiritual and secular learning found at Brigham Young University. …

Read More →

The Charles Redd Center for Western Studies records (UA 478)

The Charles Redd Center for Western Studies was established in 1972 at Brigham Young University. It works to promote the study of the Intermountain West by sponsoring research, publication, teaching, and public programs. The Center receives operating funds and staff support from the College of Family, Home, and Social Sciences and the College of Humanities. …

Read More →

UA 923 Views of Brigham Young University Campus Development

Brigham Young University has grown from a small academy into one of the largest private universities in the United States. Ephraim Hatch, a university employee who worked for Physical Facilities, compiled a series of pictorial histories documenting that growth photographically. These histories are contained in UA 923 Ephraim Hatch views of Brigham Young University campus …

Read More →

Reinhard Maeser papers

Reinhard Maeser, son of Brigham Young Academy principal Karl G. Maeser, was a faculty member at Brigham Young University for many years. The University Archives is home to a collection of papers that documents his life and activities. The Reinhard Maeser papers, 1838-1944 (MSS 1841) contains correspondence, notes, speeches, certificates, poems, and miscellaneous items. The …

Read More →

Recent Posts

Archives