Hyrum Smith property records and family record
As we prepare to remember the lives of Joseph and Hyrum Smith on the 173rd anniversary of their deaths on June 27th, L. Tom Perry Special Collections is pleased to announce the availability of additional documents from the Hyrum Smith papers (Vault MSS 774) that were recently digitized. These include property records and a family record. The property records digitized recently include the following:
- a city plan, likely of Nauvoo
- Hyrum’s addition to Nauvoo
- William and Rosannah Marks indenture to Joseph Fielding for land in Kirtland, Ohio
- Hyrum and Jerusha Smith indenture to Joseph Smith Sr., for land in Kirtland, Ohio
- Joseph Smith Sr. and Lucy Mack Smith indenture to William Robinson, for property in Far West, Missouri
The family record is a genealogical record of Hyrum Smith and his descendants, spanning four pages found in middle of the family bible; dated 1834-1872.
This completes the digitization of the Hyrum Smith papers (Vault MSS 774). We hope these documents will be of use to researchers, family, and other interested parties.