Love typography? Here’s a trick for finding fine press books printed with your favorite fonts.
- Go to the library catalog (catalog.lib.byu.edu)
- Enter the search string “typefaces type evidence” and the name of the font in the search box
- Select “genre/form” in the drop-down next to the search box
- Choose a book to request in the Special Collections Reading Room. You can find examples of types from Arial to Zapf Chancery here!
- To browse all the typefaces cataloged in Special Collections, check the “Alphabetical” search option instead of the “Keyword” option. There are over 2000 examples of typefaces awaiting discovery.