March 2018 Statistics
The Scholarly Communications blog is active again! It will be updated at least once a month with statistics, new collection information, and projects related to ScholarsArchive, as well as news, events, and other information about Scholarly Communications at BYU and elsewhere.
Unlike the blog, ScholarsArchive has been very active! Here are some fun March 2018 statistics:
Monthly Readership Totals
Last month, BYU ScholarsArchive had 165,327 full-text downloads. 167 new submissions were posted, bringing the total works in the repository to 32,968. Brigham Young University scholarship was read by 9,473 institutions across 210 countries.
Most Popular Papers
- “A Unit on the Family and Traditions: For Middle School Spanish Classes” (1,099 downloads) https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/etd/5563
- “Parameter Estimation for the Lognormal Distribution” (940 downloads) https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/etd/1928
- “The Effect of Age on Second Language Acquisition in Older Adults” (929 downloads) https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/etd/3973
Most Popular Publications
- All Theses and Dissertations (80,310 downloads) https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/etd
- All Faculty Publications (14,688 downloads) https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/facpub
- Children’s Book and Media Review (10,267 downloads) https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/cbmr
The main ScholarsArchive page shows real-time readership statistics including a map of where BYU’s scholarly works are being downloaded throughout the world. There is also a wheel of different disciplines available in the archive, a link to the top 10 downloads of all time, a link to recent additions, and a featured paper of the day.