Take Down Policy
The L. Tom Perry Special Collections makes digital copies of its collections available for the purposes of education and research. We have indicated what we know about copyright and rights of privacy, publicity, or trademark. However, due to the nature of archival collections we are not always able to identify or provide this information. If you are a rights owner and/or have information that should be added to our descriptions, please let us know.
The L. Tom Perry Special Collections makes digital copies of its collections available in the following situations:
- They are in the public domain.
- The rights are owned by the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- The L. Tom Perry Special Collections has permission to make the materials accessible.
- The L. Tom Perry Special Collections makes these materials accessible for education and research purposes as a legal fair use.
- There are no known restrictions on use of the materials.
Upon appropriate request, we will block from public view or remove material while we address a rights issue. To file a notice of copyright infringement with the L. Tom Perry Special Collections, you will need to provide a written communication that sets forth the items specified below. Pursuant to Section 512(c)(3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, please use the following format (including section numbers):
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site as required by 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3)(A)(ii).
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the HBLL to locate the material as required by 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3)(A)(iii), preferably the URL of the allegedly infringing content. Please provide the specific document URL of the work.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted, as required by 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3)(A)(iv). (email address is preferred).
- A statement that you have “a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law” as required by 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3)(A)(v)
- A statement that the information in your letter is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are “authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right” as required by 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3)(A)(vi).
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed” as required by 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3)(A)(i).
- Send the written communication to:
Attn: DMCA Complaints/Agent
Brigham Young University
Provo, Utah 84602
Fax: (801) 422-0463
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.
Last Modified: February 24, 2015