Video Contest-Sparky Awards
UPDATE (November 2009): View our top SPARKY entries.
More Sharing, More People, More Ideas http://moresharingmorepeoplemoreideas.blogspot.com
Pinned Down by the Dark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U85asWtEns
Information Lessons: Jerk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm9WaQMtlXw
Clueless Discovery http://vimeo.com/6223728
It’s Good to Share www.et.byu.edu/~rezyh/sparky/share.html
(Provo, Utah, June 16, 2009) – The SPARKY Awards are coming up soon. The short video contest, which promotes the open exchange of information, will be exploring the theme of “MindMashup: The Value of Information Sharing.” Students can enter BYU’s own version of the contests and are strongly encouraged to send their entries forward to the international Mindmashup SPARKY Awards Video Contest.
BYU SPARKY Awards
Rules and Requirements
• Examine the theme described above.
• Be no more than 2 minutes in length.
• Have been completed between January 1 and October 9, 2009.
• Be narrated or subtitled in English.
• Be posted on the Internet and available for public use under a Creative Commons license. Acceptable licenses include: Attribution, Attribution-NonCommercial, Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike, Attribution- ShareAlike, Public Domain.
The videos submitted should be high quality, as the winner will be screened on a full-size movie theater screen.
Entered pieces must be original or have permission to use copyrighted material. All material must be used with legal permission, including non-licensed, copyrighted musical, visual, or literary properties. You must have consent from anyone appearing in the video.
Students can visit the Media Lab (HBLL 3330) to check out video equipment and use multimedia computers. Multimedia computer stations can be reserved for up to five hours a day, and consultants are available to help with projects.
Entry forms are available at the Information Commons of the HBLL.
Return completed forms to 3327 HBLL by 11:45pm Friday, October 09, 2009.
Winners will be announced and prizes awarded at Video Screening: 7 pm, Wednesday, 21 October, 2009 in the Auditorium 1060 HBLL .
• The Winner will receive an iPod Touch.
• Two Runner Ups will receive $50.
Students are encouraged to enter both the BYU competition and the national. For more information visit http://www.sparkyawards.org/.