The Lee Library Media Center exists to bring together patrons, media, software, equipment and instruction required to accomplish academic and personal projects. The Media Center exists to:
- Provide trained staff to answer inquiries
- Help patrons select and use appropriate resources for research
- Facilitate the user’s research process through individual consultations and instruction
- Perform searches in remote commercial electronic resources; and
- Refer patrons to the appropriate specialized reference desk, subject specialist, or other public service desk
- Teach software and other computer instruction sessions (Lab 4826)
- Offer access to audio/visual equipment for viewing media
- Multimedia Lab for help with Multimedia projects, software classes and video equipment for checkout
Media Center & Multimedia Lab Hours
The Media Center (4840 HBLL) is located in the south wing on level 4 of the Harold B. Lee Library. The Multimedia Lab is located within the main space of the Media Center.
Monday-Friday 7 a.m. – 11:45 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. – 11:45 p.m.
Tuesday 10:45 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Production Studio Hours
Available for reservations:
Monday-Friday 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Equipment Room Hours
Open for Checkout:
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.*
Tuesday & Thursday 10:45 a.m. – 12 p.m.
*The Media Center desk and Multimedia Lab are closed to all check-outs and other requests 20 minutes before scheduled closing times.
- The Media Center and Multimedia Lab are not open during extended hours.
- Limited hours or closed on holidays. Call 801-422-4582 for specific information.
- Cyndee Frazier, Media Center Manager
- Ben Nielsen, Multimedia Lab manager
- Media Center Secretaries
- Reserve materials
- Recorded Information
- Hours, location, library tour information, campus television information
- Media Center Front Desk
- Viewing room scheduling, fines, overdue items, video checkout
- Equipment Checkout
- Equipment Checkouts/Returns (cameras, tripods, microphones, GoPros etc.)
- Multimedia Lab
- Mac Lab, software classes, Electronic Theses & Dissertations, troubleshooting help
For faculty wishing to schedule a video for classroom use, please call 422-5095 or 422-1623.
Last Modified: September 26, 2018