• Home
  • Movie Review | Corpse Bride

Movie Review | Corpse Bride

Corpse Bride is a classic Tim Burton movie that is somewhat comparable to his well-known movie, The Nightmare Before Christmas. The movie is about Victor, a young man from a wealthy family, who has been arranged to marry Victoria, a young woman striving to find happiness despite a difficult family situation. On the eve of the wedding, Victor is taken to the underworld where he learns of his new marriage to a Corpse Bride. Victor is caught between these two worlds as he begins to care for his new underworld bride and friends, while still longing to make it back to Victoria.

This is my favorite of all the Tim Burton movies I have seen. It has the signature, Halloween-like feel that we find it Burton’s other movies, but is also very unique. I loved the plot of the movie and was hooked from start to finish. The movie has a fun love story tied in and shows a more light-hearted underworld than is traditionally shown in the film industry. There are some important lessons taught throughout such as the power of loyalty and friendliness, and the truth that treating others unkindly leads to ultimate despair. I would recommend this movie to anyone looking for a good Halloween movie, but I would also watch it any other time of the year.

Written by: Jeff Stolk

Check-out Periods

Students:

• Audiobooks – 3 weeks
  • DVDs – 1 week.

Faculty:

• Audiobooks – 3 weeks
  • DVDs – 2 weeks.

Media References

Library Media Services

Media Sites

Chat with us!

Chat requires JavaScript.