• Home
  • Movie Review | Here and There

Movie Review | Here and There

Pedro lives in a small town in Mexico, but has been away working in the United States. We watch as he comes home to his family and works to build his relationship with them and spend time with them. Things are going well despite some health complications, but in the end Pedro loses his job and the family runs out of money, so Pedro decides he is going back to the United States, even though his family wants him to stay.

This film offers a glimpse into what life is like in Mexico and some of the challenges people face there. I particularly enjoyed it as it reminded me of my mission, but regardless, this documentary is great for anyone who likes a good foreign film. The end of the film was quite interesting to me as it made me question Pedro’s real intentions; he wanted to leave to be able to help his family, but his family wanted him right there with them. Did he really want to go the US to help his family or was it for some other reason? I thought the film was a bit slow moving, which is why I gave it four stars instead of five, but overall I think it was a great.

Written by: Jeshua Osorio

Check-out Periods

Students:

• Audiobooks – 3 weeks
  • DVDs – 1 week.

Faculty:

• Audiobooks – 3 weeks
  • DVDs – 2 weeks.

Media References

Library Media Services

Media Sites

Chat with us!

Chat requires JavaScript.