• Home
  • Documentary Review | One Direction: The Only Way Is Up

Documentary Review | One Direction: The Only Way Is Up

One Direction: The Only Way Is Up (PN 1995.96 .M86 O54 2012 DVD) covers the story of how the pop boy band sensation, One Direction, rose to fame. Starting from their time on the UK X-Factor, this documentary tells how each of the five boys had dreams to become a solo star, but through fate, and Simon Cowell, they became a group. Defying critics, they followed in the footsteps of other famous boy bands and became one of the hottest boy bands in the world.

This documentary is mainly for people who really love One Direction. Although, I thought that a lot of the content in the documentary was pretty basic information about each of the members, I didn’t learn anything new. The film promised interviews of A-list celebrities and what they thought about the group’s success, but the interviews were brief clips instead of full on conversations. The most annoying part of this documentary is that the background music is the same throughout the entire film. I gave the documentary three stars because I am a fan of One Direction, but the elevator royalty free music made me knock it down two stars.

Written by: Tiffany Chao

Check-out Periods

Students:

• Audiobooks – 3 weeks
  • DVDs – 1 week.

Faculty:

• Audiobooks – 3 weeks
  • DVDs – 2 weeks.

Media References

Library Media Services

Media Sites

Chat with us!

Chat requires JavaScript.