• Home
  • Streaming Documentary Review | Fittest on Earth: A Decade of Fitness

Streaming Documentary Review | Fittest on Earth: A Decade of Fitness

Fittest on Earth: A Decade of Fitness (Kanopy.com) is a documentary about some of the fittest cross-fit athletes in the world and their journey in the cross-fit games. The cross-fit games is a competition where cross-fit fanatics come together to compete against each other and earn the title of “the fittest man and woman on earth.” After many cuts and tryouts, 40 men and 40 women are placed in divisions where they perform multiple workouts and challenges. After a week of insane, various competitions, the individual with the most points claims the win.

I personally really enjoyed this documentary. It was interesting to see how devoted these individuals were to the cross-fit lifestyle. The athletes talked about how they had sacrificed their jobs, social interactions, and normal diets in order to accomplish their fitness goals and stumbling blocks. For example, one athlete talked about their daily schedule which included working out 5 times a day, eating only rice and chicken, and then sleeping the remainder of the day. They would repeat these activities every day without a break. It was eye opening to see how passionate these individuals were about working out and achieving their goals. I personally was inspired to make my own goals whether that be in fitness, my education, or in my career. I would recommend this movie to anyone who likes America Ninja Warrior or Wipe out. It was also very motivating to see these individuals in outstanding shape, and has made me want to start working our more and stop eating cookies every day.

Written by: Mallory Meng

Check-out Periods

Students:

• Audiobooks – 3 weeks
  • DVDs – 1 week.

Faculty:

• Audiobooks – 3 weeks
  • DVDs – 2 weeks.

Media References

Library Media Services

Media Sites

Chat with us!

Chat requires JavaScript.