• Home
  • Movie Review | Alice in Wonderland

Movie Review | Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland (PN 1995.9 .F36 A45 2016) is a twist on the classic fairytale that we know and love. Alice, during a trying time in her life, is reunited with her band of bizarre, but loveable friends including the Mad Hatter, the White Queen, the Cheshire Cat, and more. As an adult, Alice must re-learn that Wonderland is not just a childish dream, but a real world that she is very much a part of. She is called upon to fight to protect her beloved friends, and return Wonderland to its proper, happy state.

This movie has a classic Tim Burton feel to it that may be hit or miss depending on who is watching the movie. I thought that the movie was a fun twist on the classic story and I enjoyed watching it. I only gave it three stars because I found the beginning of the movie a bit slow and forgettable. I did, however, find the plot to be much more captivating near then end as it continued to unravel. This movie may not be the most enjoyable movie I have watched, but I would recommend watching it at least once.

Written by: Jeff Stolk

Check-out Periods

Students:

• Audiobooks – 3 weeks
  • DVDs – 1 week.

Faculty:

• Audiobooks – 3 weeks
  • DVDs – 2 weeks.

Media References

Library Media Services

Media Sites

Chat with us!

Chat requires JavaScript.