Author or Title Searches
- Select Find Books. Select Advanced Keyword Search.
- Select author search. Enter author's or illustrator's surname first.
- Select subject search when looking for books about an author or illustrators.
- Select title search. Enter first word(s) of title, omitting initial articles.
- Select Advanced Keyword Search.
- Enter the keyword, author, title, subject that you wish to search in the appropriate search box(es). Use the left pull-down boxes to select the type of search you wish.
- To search the basic juvenile collection, omitting Big Books, Locked Case materials and Quartos, scroll down to Location and select Juvenile Collection. Click on Search.
- To search all juvenile books, select AND from the right pull-down box and enter the word juvenile in the next box as a subject. If you want to search only fiction, enter the phrase juvenile fiction. To search all other juvenile books including non-fiction, enter the phrase juvenile literature. Click on Search.
Find Articles, Databases and Websites
- Select Find Articles and then choose Juvenile Literature as the subject.
- If you know the database you wish to search, select Find Databases.
Something About the Author: Facts and Pictures about Authors
and Illustrators of Books for Young People. Multiple volumes. Gale, various
Juvenile Reference PN 451 .26
Something About the Author: Autobiography Series. Multiple
volumes. Gale, various dates.
Juvenile Reference PN 497 .S66
Writers of Multicultural Fiction for Young Adults: A Bio-Critical
Sourcebook. Greenwood Press, 1996.
Juvenile Reference PS 374 .Y57 W75 1996
Writers for Young Adults. v1-3 + 1 supplement. Simon
and Schuster, 1997.
Juvenile Reference PS 490 .W75 1997
Book Reviews and Criticisms
Adolescent Literature as a Complement to the Classics.
v. 1-4.Christopher Gordon Publishers, various.
Juvenile Reference PN 59 .A36 1993
Beacham's Guide to Literature for Young Adults.
v 1-16. Beacham, 1989-.
Juvenile Reference PN 1009 .A1 X515
Children?s Literature Review: Excerpts from Reviews,
Criticism, and Commentary on Books for Children and Young Adults. Gale
Juvenile Reference PN 1009 .A1 C5139
Gillespie, John T. and Corrine J. Naden. Characters in Young
Adult Literature. Gale, 1997
Juvenile Reference PN 1009 .A1 G53 1997
Hit List: Frequently Challenged Books for Young Adults.
American Library Association, 1996.
Juvenile Reference PN 1009 .A1 X622 1996
Finding Aids and Bibliographies
Best Books for Young Adults. 3rd ed. ALA, 2007.
Juvenile Reference Z 1037 .C34 2007
Books for the Teen Age. New York Public Library, annual.
Juvenile Reference PN 1008.2 .B66
Jones, Patrick et al. Connecting With Reluctant Teen Readers. Neal-Schuman, 2006.
Juvenile Reference Z 1037 .J56 2006
Outstanding Books for the College Bound: Choice for a Generation.
American Library Association.
Juvenile Reference Z 1039 .C65 O9 1996
Spencer, Pam. What Do Children and Young Adults Read Next? A Reader's Guide
to Fiction for Young Adults. Gale, various.
Juvenile Reference PS 374.C454 X93
Other bibliographies and finding aids for children?s books
on various subjects are available in the Juvenile Reference Collection.
Return to top of page
Journals and Periodicals